Trying to understand feedback alerts? Find out everything you need to know about viewing, editing and deleting alerts in this article.
An alert is a notification sent to certain email addresses to let people in your business know that a piece of feedback has been received. Alerts can be set up for someone to receive notifications for all feedback or for feedback in a specific rating range. They can also be filtered by location.
Find an explanation about locations in this article: What are programmes, locations and sub-measures?
Alert notifications are managed by the Admin and Manager users in your business so you might not be able to see other user's alerts if you are not one of these user types. For more information on different user types, try this article: How do I control who can see feedback?
Use case: Why use Alerts?
Responding quickly to negative feedback is a great opportunity to convert detractors to promoters.
For example, use alerts to help your team quickly follow up with customer feedback that needs attention. Rather than having to log into the dashboard to look through responses, you can create an alert that triggers when detractor feedback is submitted, emailing a notification straight to the appropriate person's inbox.
The Alert Status categorises feedback comments based on their current alert status. Every feedback comment will have an alert status that is one of the following:
- Not Triggered: The feedback triggered no alerts.
- Received: The feedback triggered an alert and action is required.
- Responded: The feedback triggered an alert and someone on your team has responded to the customer but the customer interaction has not been completed yet.
- Closed/Retained: The feedback triggered an alert but required no further action or the customer interaction has been completed.
How do I view, edit and delete alerts?
1. Navigate to the dropdown user menu, this can be found in the top right-hand corner next to your name. Click 'Programmes'.
2. Select the feedback programme that you would like to create an alert for. You can click the green edit button on the right or click the programme name in blue and then click 'Edit Programme' in the next screen.
3. Select 'Alert Rules' from the right-hand programme menu.
4. This shows all of the alerts set up for this programme. You can use the search bar to search for a specific user by email or name. You can also use the search bar to find a specific location/store.
Click the green edit button on the right of the alert to view and edit the alert.
Click on the brown delete button to delete an alert completely.
5. In the 'Edit Alert' screen you can edit the rating range for this alert and edit the locations that this alert applies to.
To edit the rating range use the two dropdown lists 'When rating is:' and 'Rating Value'. For example when the rating is equal or less than 5, the user will receive alerts for all feedback rated 1 - 5.
The alert can be applied to all locations for this programme by changing the 'Include all locations' toggle to 'Yes'.
Alternatively, the alert can be applied to one or more selected locations by changing the 'Include all locations' toggle to 'No' and then selecting specific locations.
To select specific locations, click on the location in the left list and then click the single arrow to move the location into the list on the right - these are the locations that apply to this alert. You can also search through the locations list using the filter bar.
In the same way, to remove a specific location from an alert, click on the location in the list on the right and then click the single arrow to move the location into the list on the left.
6. Click the 'Save' button to save any changes made or click the 'Cancel' button to exit this screen.
How do I view a specific user's alerts?
1. Navigate to the dropdown user menu, this can be found in the top right-hand corner next to your name. Click 'Users'.
2. Use the search bar to search for a specific user by name or email. Then follow the same instructions as above to view, edit and/or delete this alert.
How to create a new alert?
Currently, no users are able to create new alerts. If you need to create a new alert, email our support team who can help you set this up. We are working on extending alert management to include creating alerts so stay posted on this one.