Want to gather feedback from EXACT using Customer Radar? Follow this guide to get started. Once you have completed the set up EXACT will invite your patients to give you feedback after their appointments.
There are three easy steps. Click the instructions below for more information on each step.
You must be on EXACT Version 13.452 or higher to enable Customer Radar - see the FAQ to update
- Create a feedback message template
- Set an Automatic Appointment Follow Up
- Set the frequency rules
Haven't registered with Customer Radar yet? Sign up here for a free trial
Create a feedback message template
First you need to create a message template. This message will include your unique feedback link that lets your patients give you feedback. If you don't have a feedback link, contact Customer Radar Support.
- In EXACT, in the top menu click Configure
- Click SMS Templates (or Email Templates if you want to send the message via Email, see FAQ below)
- Click the +1 button to add a new template
- For the Code field type CUSTRADAR
- For the Description field type Feedback
- In the big box is the SMS content, copy and paste this message and include your practice name. If you don't have a feedback link, contact Customer Radar Support:
[Practice name]: We would really appreciate feedback on your recent visit. There's just one quick question. Go to [feedback link]
- Click OK to save your template
Set an Automatic Appointment Follow Up
EXACT will automatically SMS your feedback message template to each patient following their appointments.
- Click Configure in the top menu
- At the bottom of the list, click Automatic Appointment Follow Ups...
- On the pop-up, click Next
- On the Automatic Appointment Follow Ups window you will add the message template and when to send it out
- For Type, use SMS or Email (depending on which template you set up in the first step)
- For Send After, choose how long after an appointment you would like the patient to be sent the feedback message. We recommend 1 hour.
- Click the box under Template and select the CUSTRADAR template you created in the first step
Your window should now look like this:
Set the frequency rules
The frequency rules ensure that the same patient, identified by their phone number or email address, isn’t sent the feedback message more than once in a certain time period. This helps avoid over-messaging, and gives you control over how often your patients are messaged.
- In the Automatic Appointment Follow Ups window, click the menu button under Select Patients
- In the pop-up, click the +1 button to open the Add Query Template window
- In this pop-up, click the Insert a Patient Selection into the list button
- Find and select Communication Sent then click OK
Can't see this option? You must be on EXACT Version 13.452 or higher. Check the below FAQ to update your EXACT version
- This will open the Edit Patient Selection window.
In the first dropdown, select Patients without
Then in the next line select An SMS sent in the last 3 months (select Email if using email)
- Click the menu button next to the template box. Select the feedback message code CUSTRADAR and then click OK. (Leave 'Prompt for entries' unticked).
- Once the template is loaded in, click OK to save. In the next window for Description type 'Customer Radar Feedback' then click OK, and again in the next window until you are back at the Automatic Appointment Follow Up window, then click Finish
🎉 You are done! Your feedback SMS (or email) will be sent out to patients 1 hour after their appointment. If they have been sent the feedback message in the past 3 months, they won't be sent the message again.
I need to upgrade EXACT to version 13.452 or higher
While in EXACT go to the Portal and click Get the Latest Update. Alternatively, contact EXACT Support who will guide you through the upgrade process (Australia or New Zealand).
How do I set up an email feedback message?
In EXACT, from the top menu click Configure > Email Templates > +1 button
Description (this is the email subject line): How was your recent visit to [practice name]?
In the big box is the email content, copy and paste this message:
"Thank you for visiting [practice name]!
We’re really interested to hear what you think, so we can see what we’re doing well and what we can improve on.
There’s only one quick question. Click the link to let us know how we did: [feedback link]
Then click OK to save the template.
Can I change the message template after it's created?
In EXACT, go to Configure > SMS/Email Templates then click the list icon and find the code used for the template (should be CUSTRADAR). Load the template then you can make changes.
What does this look like from a patient's perspective?
Providing feedback is easy for patients, watch below to see how.
How does Customer Radar work?
Watch this short video to find out how Customer Radar works with EXACT.
I already have three appointment follow ups set up
You can add your feedback message and link to an existing follow up. Alternatively, you can remove one or merge two other follow ups together. You can also send the feedback message manually from a patient's profile.
What if a parent brings in two kids and both patient profiles have the same email/phone number?
Only one message will be sent. The frequency rules will stop the second message from being sent out.
How do the frequency rules work?
Before sending a feedback message, EXACT will check that the patient hasn't been sent the same message in the past three months (or whichever time period you choose). If the patient has been sent the feedback message in the time period, they will not be sent a new message. Once a patient is out of the time period they can be sent the message again.
Should I use Email or SMS?
Either is great. The feedback message is short so it fits fully into an SMS. You can also add your feedback link to other communications to gather even more feedback.
Is there a shorter feedback link I can use for SMS?
Yes. Contact Customer Radar Support to get your short URL.
For help with using Customer Radar, get in touch with Customer Radar Support at email@example.com or +64 9 376 5000.